LuccaRing v1.0, uno dei più ambiziosi progetti nella storia delle simulazioni automobilistiche, è disponibile per il download! Andate, scaricate, GUIDATE!
..e per quelli di voi che usano un Oculus Rift o un HTC Vive, considerate l’ipotesi di una donazione: non perdete l’opportunità di sfrecciare nelle strade di Lucca con texture in alta risoluzione!
- A full photogrammetric scan of the monumental walls + some hidden monuments and artifacts (this required something like 6000+ images!..which meant hours of shooting and days waiting for the right light conditions + hours of processing + retopo etc…hope you like it!)
- scan of a modern small crane-machine taking care of them walls (wonder how it would feel to race one of those..)
- A complete new set of low poly “background vehicles”, also modeled and textured after photogrammetry
- New buildings (taking the place of placeholder copies of existing buildings), 3 of which were gently modeled by fellow supporters (will credit them but can’t remember right now)
- Refinements/fixes to existing buildings
- Added TV antennas, air conditioners and chimneys all around on top of the houses as in real Lucca
- Added 2 gigantic cranes: these were there when i started the project. They are still there and i don’t exactly know why. I decided to include them as i suspect they will be there forever and become landmarks. That’s how it goes in Italy sometimes, and that is also why you’ll find them quite rusty (in case you get there as a result from an impossible crash or physics failure).
- A nice photo-scanned monument of a man on a horse, named “Statua alla Libertà Lucchese”, which was hidden by previous restoration works and recently finished and set free by the Town council. It took something like 10 years to restore it*, and it required us a 8mt. pole to scan it, and yes, maneuvering that thing around trees was a nightmare (including lots of people looking at us, and 2 tries before we had the right set of images). Look for it in front of Porta San Pietro!
- We finished the low poly model of the complete “inner town”. This will be the foundation for our next episode of LuccaRing (and more). The model currently has low quality textures stolen from GE (no need for hi-res anyway since you can’t see much from the current layout)
Removed some of the grandstands to save some polygons..also did not really want to occlude the vista on the walls!
- Brand new (better looking and no tiling shown) grass textures all around